1892

Beginning of shipbuilding in the current location

1987

Uudenkaupungin Työvene Oy was established 11.3.1987 by Kaija Hänninen, Sauli Laihonen and Lasse Varjonen.

 

The company started producing small aluminum workboats at an inland location at the Orivo industrial area, in Uusikaupunki Finland.

 

The majority of the boats made at the Orivo location were about 15m long.

1989

The first oil recovery boat was delivered.

1992

The first ice going pilot cutter was delivered. Thereafter 35 units have been built.

1994

The company acquired Uusikaupunki shipyard’s premises and relocated there. This made it possible to manufacture bigger vessels.

 

1994

The first road ferry was delivered. A 130 ton ferry to Vartsala, Finland

 

1996

A new, bigger aluminum workshop and paint workshop were built

 

2000

First diesel electric vessel was delivered.

2011

Multipurpose vessel Louhi was delivered. This was the most demanding project in the company history, both financially and technically. The project was a success.

2013

UTV’s ISO 9001 Quality management system was certified by Bureau Veritas

2014

UTV was Security certified by the Finnish Defence Forces

2015

The ownership of the company was passed onto the next generation of management through an MBO.

2015

First vessels delivered with DC-grid. Älveli and Älfrida to Västtrafik in Gothenburg

 

2015

The company was audited according to NATO AQAP.